Really pleased with myself today, I actually finished two projects without starting a new one in between! I should have read 20 pages about ancient Indian literature, but I will catch up tomorrow instead.. Anyway, two Christmas presents down, a few more to go :) I plan to make a lot of the Christmas presents, as I don't have a lot of money, and this year no one seems to want anything. Home made stuff is always a hit :)
The crocheted scarf I started about five days ago is now hanging to dry and smells really awful. I always forget how bad wet wool smells, it surprises me just as much every time I pull something out of the washing machine... Here is how it turned out:
It is symmetrical, so it's twice as long as this and identical stripes on the other end...
As I might have mentioned earlier when I tried out different techniques in Tunisian crochet, I feared that the 3-color change could be addictive. It was. I picked out some green yarn and started crocheting, not really knowing what I wanted to make. It turned out to be a purse, which I think will work well as a case/purse for my grandmother's glasses. Green is really her color. I'm quite happy with the button I found, it's cute. I think maybe I got it from my grandmother's collection, so now she'll get it back :p I'm worried the case is a little big, though, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Finally I've started a pair of wristwarmers for my youngest cousin, from this pattern by Crochet Kitten, in wool and mohair like the scarf (and they will be felted, even if that's not in the pattern). The one I've started looks like it will be too small, so I'll have to try again tomorrow...
The green little purse was very cute! I'm sure that your grandmother will love it :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! I hope that she'll like it, too :)
ReplyDelete