Thursday, November 12, 2009

Owlet keychains and a scarf in the making

I have finally gotten around to buying some new key rings after the last ones disappeared, and four owlet keychains/bag charms are now finished. Tada!



I have about four more waiting to get done, but they will have to wait a little longer. Last night I started this crocheted scarf, because I wanted to make something so easy I didn't have to think or count :p Right now it's about 25cm wide, but I plan on felting it, and hopefully it will stay human-sized and not shrink too much :) It's crocheted with one strand of  pure wool yarn (different shades of brown to make stripes) and one strand of white mohair.



I planned on giving the scarf away for Christmas, but now it looks like our new friend has claimed it as his own. I can't blame him, though, he barely survived the last ice age, so he wants to be prepared for the next one! You just have to love him :)


2 comments:

  1. I love these owlets! I've made a couple of them myself, but my kids snatch them up as quick as they come off the hook. Love the colors of yours!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I know what you mean, as soon as my mother saw the purple one she wanted it, so I guess I'll just have to make new owlets :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails