No longer lives in our home, because my boyfriend killed him! But do not think I'm unhappy about it, because I'm not. I hate spiders and can barely think about them without shivering. I just read that they can grow up to 10cm! (According to Wikipedia they can actually get as big as 20cm, but only in warmer countries.) That's just insane.. A friend of mine once told me about a spider of the same kind that she found in her apartment, and it was so huge that she thought it might be the neighbor's tarantula! I didn't really believe her until I read about the spiders in the news (well, I had my bf read the article, because I couldn't look at the pictures). It doesn't have a name, but it's sort of the European common house spider, brown and kind of long, with something that looks like horns... Gah! *retching*
The other day I found a huge spider in the doorframe between the kitchen and the hallway, and I called my boyfriend so that he could remove it. I won't get near the horrible eight-legged beasts.. *brr* Anyway, he got on the floor and tried to catch the spider with a cup and a piece of paper, but the spider suddenly ran off, and he squished it with the cup. Haha.. I have always comlained about him throwing the spiders out instead of killing them, because I can swear that the damn creatures find their way back in the house again. So, I'm quite pleased with the outcome this time :) I absolutely hate them and wish they would keep away from me forever (but they shouldn't be exterminated, though, because then we would be overrun with flies).. The only spider I willingly let in my house is this one:
No comments:
Post a Comment