Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all had a nice evening last night :) We didn't really celebrate much, we just had dinner and some friends over for a Warhammer roleplaying session. At midnight we went out to look at everyone else's fireworks, froze our bums off and went back in and played some more :D
I use these sessions to crochet "boring" things, like the legs for Great Big Bugs or things that go round and round for ages, and I got quite a lot done yesterday. Of course I ran out of yarn and have to go shopping on Monday (because everything is closed today)... Almost done with two new bugs that'll show up later this week if all goes well. Will try to do as much as possible before I start school :)
But here is my newest pattern - the last of 2010: Great Big Scorpion!
I hadn't planned him long, he just sort of happened because I wanted to make a scorpion for my sister-in-law for Christmas (she's a Scorpio). So he was finished on Christmas Eve, but the pattern wasn't ready until yesterday. Among other things I forgot to photograph some body parts before I attached them, and I had to remake them for the shots. Thankfully one of my next Bugs is going to have yellow legs as well, so I didn't have to make it just for one picture... Yeah, I know I'm lazy like that :p
Anyway, the scorpion is based on the Deathstalker for those who are interested, and I chose this because of the colors. I felt it was time for something yellow again :) In difficulty, this Bug shouldn't be more complicated than the rest, except for a new stitch to make the segments of the body: back post single crochet. Plus, there are a lot of parts to put together... But I had fun making it, and I hope you like it too :) As usual, you can find it both on Ravelry and Etsy.

Wow, he is super cute! Are scorpions considered bugs? I thought they were arachnids?
ReplyDeleteThanks :) Oh yeah, you're right! I use "bugs" very widely/informally here, as in "creepy crawlies". Technically, none of my Bugs are true bugs, except for an Aphid I have planned :)
ReplyDeletewoooooww!
ReplyDeleteI'm almost done with my scorpion. She/he will be sort of multi-colored. Thinking of naming it "Scrappy" b/c I'm using up bits of yarn! I have legs and eyelids left to do. You definitely have to be in the right mood to do bug legs.
ReplyDelete