It's my birthday today, or it was, since it's now well past midnight. I really should get to bed, because I have to get up early tomorrow and pack. We're going back to our apartment to start everyday life again next week.
I celebrated my day with a nice breakfast (the mother had boiled eggs for me), then I got a couple of presents. One was a gift certificate for a music/movie store and the other was this cool cat bowl which I will probably use for candy:
Later we had taco wraps for dinner and I made cookies for dessert! I got a cool set of cookie cutters from Ikea the other day, and I wanted to test them :) Slightly burned (but very tasty!) hedgie cookies:
Tonight we went to visit a friend who's had the flu lately, and I brought the cookies to cheer him up. Who wouldn't get better from hedgehog cookies?! :)
So... The new year has begun, and I'm about to start a whole new education. Feels sort of like a new beginning, so I've decided to make up some goals for the new year:
* Study hard and try not to let my urge for crafting take up precious study time (this will definitely be the hardest - when I get a crafty idea it won't leave my head until I've tested it, which makes it very hard to concentrate on math...)
* Try to find a job (preferably part time - but only a little income would help our economy a lot)
* Make up a budget and spend less of it on craft supplies that I really don't need (I tend to go all out and get lots of supplies as soon as I find a new hobby, and then I get tired of it and never use the stuff again)
* Try new food & eat more vegetables (we plan to be mainly vegetarian from now on)
* Work out a little (walking to and from school doesn't count...)
* Lose some weight (only a few pounds would do, and hopefully the above goals will help with that)
* Try to control my temper (I will never be completely zen, but I can at least appear less grouchy)
* Learn to sew (I have a sewing machine that's been in the closet for at least five years & has been used once! Very sad. I really want to learn to sew useful things that are not made entirely of felt, like bags and stuff)
Hmm, I think that was it. I will do my best with all these resolutions, but I also have to try not to be too angry or disappointed if I fail at any of them. At least the minor ones, my studies naturally take priority :) Hope you've all had a nice start of 2011, and that you have lots of good things coming! :)
Happy Birthday! I have similar goals for the new year. I just want to loose the weight that I've put on in the past 4 months, and finding time between crafting and studying... it's tough! Good luck meeting your goals!
ReplyDeleteAnd... those hedgehog cookie cutters are so cute! I'm going to try and find them!
Happy Birthday, I love the cat bowl.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete