Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I really should be studying...

But I've been so caught up in watching the Oystercatchers that progress has been slow... Here are some pictures (from Monday) of the first new-born:


Just look at those cute little feet! The mother/father is being a good parent and removing the eggshell so it won't attract predators.


The family together :)


Oops, he fell out of the nest and mother/father comes to help!


A few snapshots from yesterday. He's a little more steady on his feet, but is still bouncing around a lot :)


Mother/father brings a yummy earthworm for lunch.


Boo!


It's nice to be an Oystercatcher napping in the sun :)


I have no pictures from today, because he spends less and less time at the nest. The parents are leaving the last egg for longer and longer periods, so I guess they'll give it up soon. Which is a little sad and strange, since they usually have three chicks. Well, I should get back to studying...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails