Saturday, June 26, 2010

Before the big day

I am absolutely exhausted! I've been at work the last three days (scrubbing walls, doors, windows, floors, tables & chairs etc. at a school - kids are dirty creatures!), and today I've been preparing for the market/fair tomorrow. Well, "preparing"... We were supposed to rehearse the play (for the first time!) until we got it right (we are few people with many roles, and there's a lot of making stuff up as we go - there's a storyteller with no script, so it's never the same twice), but of course that didn't happen. We did the play once, and then we were going to get the sound system up before we did it again. That took about four hours... In the end it got so late before we could start again that people had to leave, and the whole thing became pretty amputated and somewhat half-hearted :/ Hope we have time for another rehearsal tomorrow morning, with full cast and a working sound thingy...

I still need to make a list of my things/prices and price tags for the items/boxes. I have no idea what kind of table I'll get, or even where I'll sit - outside or in a tent. Right now I feel pretty disheartened (is that the right word?) by the whole thing, like I never want to do this again... I'm so tired and grumpy I don't even want to be around myself :( My feet hurt from all the walking and standing and I think I have a fever...

*sigh* Don't know when I get home to my mother's tomorrow night, and I have to work on Monday (more cleaning), but I promise to tell you how it all went when I have time and feel a little more awake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails