Today, February 2nd, is the day when the groundhogs come out of their burrows and check out whether spring is coming soon or not. If they can see their shadow, it will be six more weeks of winter. If there's no shadow, spring is upon us :)
My crocheted groundhog for the Groundhog-along went out in the snow this morning, and there was only the teeniest hint of a shadow, so his prediction is an early spring. It has to be said that if he hadn't been in our backyard, he would have had a big shadow, since the sun was shining everywhere else. So, what to make of it, I wonder? I think I'm hoping for an early spring anyway :)
The picture looked okay on my computer at home, but on this library computer it's very dark, so I hope you can se anything... Here's a picture with flash, just in case, but it gives him a shadow and messes with the prediction, so it doesn't really count!
No comments:
Post a Comment