There hasn't happened much this Christmas, so there isn't a lot of fancy stuff to blog about. I did promise to write a little about my presents, but I have nothing exciting to show off, as I only got practical presents this year, and nothing craft related at all. I/we got a radio to have in the kitchen (baking/cooking is more fun with music), a new bread knife, an apron with wine glasses printed on (perfect!), a pair of knitted socks (I wear wool socks all year if the temperature allows it), a book about archaeology, a new external hard drive and some foreign coins (which I of course collect). Pretty happy with the outcome this year :)
For my birthday I got (and will get) some money to buy whatever I want, and I think I'll spoil myself with some fancy yarn and a few Tunisian crochet hooks when we go shopping on Friday :)
We spent New Year's Eve with some friends, eating turkey for dinner and playing boardgames and Warhammer RPG. A few days ago I went to see the new movie Avatar in 3D, and it was amazing! The plot itself is pretty predictable, but the 3D technology really works, and the movie is visually stunning, so all in all it was an awsome experience :) I'm definitely going to buy it and watch it again, though I'm not sure how the movie works as a regular dvd. Some of our friends was very disappointed when they saw it in 2D... Yesterday we saw The Imaginaruim of Dr. Parnassus, and that's also an awsome movie. Totally weird and crazy, but I liked it. And Tom Waites rocks as Mr. Nick :) I would recommend both movies to anyone who likes going to the theater.
The weather has been freezing the whole time since we got her. I'm not used to temperatures this low for very long periods, but I like freezing winter a lot better than melting away in the summer. On New Year's Eve we went for a walk on a frozen lake right by the house, and the ice was 20cm thick. You could drive a car on it. Tomorrow we'll walk over to the other side of the lake :)
No comments:
Post a Comment