Thursday, January 21, 2010

Eyes & granny squares

Got my latest order of safety eyes in the mail today, albino eyes in two sizes, and a color called 'blue pearl'. Not sure why, they are more silvery gray than blue, but with a pretty pearly shimmer. Now I'm ready to make albino groundhogs and husky dogs :)



About my granny square blanket project, I have finally decided to invert the colors and make two squares of each pattern with the same two colors. This is what I've got so far, three different patterns in four different color combinations:



I have (unfortunately?) found a new color combination of light blue and moss/pale green. That way I will get a total of ten squares of each pattern, and that makes at least 120 squares by the end of the year :) The only thing I'm unsure about is whether I should change the colors of the new combination with one of the old (if that made any sense). These two, perhaps?



I just fear that the new combo will make a distinctly paler square that stands out from the rest, so if I use the light blue with the green, and the moss green with the blue.  My boyfriend has approved of the pale square, and he usually helps me with the colors, but I'm not sure about this one... What do you think?



Don't know whether or not to use flash, the colors are messed up either way, so here's another picture of the same squares without flash... So, do you think I should switch the colors on these two?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails