We made cookies today :) My grandmother has made several other kinds before I even got here, but these I just have to make every Christmas. My favorites :) The first ones we call "flat toads", because the first time we made them the dough/paste was much too soft and runny, and the result was very flat and sticky cookies. I loved them, of course, I'm not a fan of crispy food. The name "flat toads" stuck, and is much better than the original, which would translate as "almond blobs". I like almonds, but blobs are not tasty :p
These are called chocolate sweethearts, basically the same dough as the previous cookies, but somehow different. (They look pretty much the same this year, because we made a mistake and put chocolate in the toads, instead of just on top.) The sweethearts are supposed to be glazed with chocolate, but we never do, it's too much work. They are also supposed to be all hearts, but we use other shapes as well, like bats, squirrels, frogs, people and pigs :)
This last kind is something my mother usually makes, and I tried to crochet one that turned into a Ferrero Rocher :) They consist of crushed oats, cocoa, butter, coffee and sugar, mashed into a paste and rolled. Easy and delicious :)
The Boll helped, as always :) She felt there should be a hedgehog cookie shape, but I'm not sure... I don't think we'd be able to eat them, they'd be way too cute! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment