Monday, October 5, 2009

Egyptology & aliens!

This weekend my boyfriend and I went to the capital to participate at the annual meeting of the Norwegian Egyptology Society :) On Saturday it was lectures with Egyptology related topics the whole day, and on Sunday we got to see a hen being mummified and put in her tomb. It had been dried in salt for 40 days, and the people at the museum wrapped it in bandages and performed the burial rituals in the correct ancient Egyptian way :D














Of course I couldn't leave the house for a whole weekend without bringing some craft-stuff with me, so I have now started a new project. An alien boy and his alien pet. So far I have made the boy's head and almost finished his small pet, but I have plans to make a girl alien and her pet, too. They are both going to have wardrobes, so I guess I have some more work to do...



2 comments:

  1. That's a cute alien!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! He looks a little strange with only one antenna, but I hope to finish him soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails