Friday, October 30, 2009

Yarn distress and a shortage of time...

Where to start.. *sigh*

Yesterday I found out that my favorite acrylic yarn is no longer sold in any shops anywhere near me, and I haven't found a good (read: cheap) online store yet, so it looks like a dozen of my projects are never going to be completed :/ It sucks.. I discovered this when I went out to buy some black yarn to make a Halloween cupcake, but that's not all.. There's really no good substitute for this yarn, and the closest has a very small color selection. I really wanted to get some yellow and light blue yarn as well, but the alternative yarn didn't have yellow or light blue.. All I could find was black (fortunately), a new pink and a darker green. I was supposed to buy some darker blue, too, but I managed to drop that ball on my way from the shelf to the counter.. Argh.. So now I'll have to go back there today just to buy that one ball of dark blue :/ On top of it all I have once again realised that Halloween is just around the corner, and I probably won't have time to make the stuff I've been planning. This is how it is every year, really, but do I learn? Nope...

It's not all bad, though. I have now spent a good while uploading pictures on Flickr, both new and old ones, and organizing my albums and stuff. It's good to have a day off to do nothing important :) In a couple of hours (after breakfast/lunch and a little tidying of the house) I'm going out to buy that dark blue yarn and a nice bottle of wine to enjoy all by myself tonight, while my boyfriend is out with a friend. Wine, a decent movie and crocheting all night long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails