This weekend my boyfriend and I were invited to my grandmother to celebrate her 85th birthday, and since it's a long trip, we decided to make it a long weekend. On Thursday we traveled north by Hurtigruten (great big ships that continually go up and down the West coast of Norway), which is the most comfortable way of getting home to my place. We travel at night, so we usually sleep most of the time. This time we got a cabin because it didn't cost extra, and I thought the night would fly by in a good bed and with a private bathroom and everything, but I hadn't accounted for the weather. Since this was one of the smaller ships ("Vesterålen"), it rolled quite heavily. I almost fell out of bed once.. So, of course I got sea sick and didn't get more than a couple hours of sleep :/ I didn't throw up or anything, so I guess that was good, but I hate not being able to sleep.
Eventually we got home to my grandmother, and spent Friday sleeping and not doing anything specific. On Saturday the rest of the family arrived, and we had dinner at a very fancy restaurant. The bill was more than 5000 NOK, which is a lot of money, but not really that bad for dinner, drinks and dessert for ten people. After dinner we went home and had cake. Well, we were supposed to have cake, anyway. Everyone were so full the cakes were hardly touched. I now have lots of leftover cake in the freezer :)
Yesterday it was back to Bergen, because I had school today. Man, the computer linguistics course is boring! *sigh* Just hope I pass the final exam so I don't have to do it all over again...
Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I met this gorgeous cat when I was home :) It belongs to a neighbor of my grandmother. His name is Achilles, and he's really sweet and cuddly and fond of people. I met him once before when I was home this summer, and I like to think he remembered me :) The first time he came up to me and rubbed against my legs until I sat down and petted him, but this time he came running and practically jumped up on me. According to the owner he refuses to sit on anyone's lap, but that's not the case with me :) I'm so proud! Now, I have mentioned that I am extremely allergic to anything with fur, and especially cats, so this really should have knocked me out. But Achilles is a Siberian, a breed that is suitable for people with allergies. He scratched me a little on my thigh and waved his tail in my face several times, and I didn't even sneeze! I so have to get a cat like this :)
Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I met this gorgeous cat when I was home :) It belongs to a neighbor of my grandmother. His name is Achilles, and he's really sweet and cuddly and fond of people. I met him once before when I was home this summer, and I like to think he remembered me :) The first time he came up to me and rubbed against my legs until I sat down and petted him, but this time he came running and practically jumped up on me. According to the owner he refuses to sit on anyone's lap, but that's not the case with me :) I'm so proud! Now, I have mentioned that I am extremely allergic to anything with fur, and especially cats, so this really should have knocked me out. But Achilles is a Siberian, a breed that is suitable for people with allergies. He scratched me a little on my thigh and waved his tail in my face several times, and I didn't even sneeze! I so have to get a cat like this :)
No comments:
Post a Comment