Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Paddy's Day :)

Not a holiday I normally celebrate, since I'm neither Irish nor Catholic, but I take it as a good reason (or excuse, if you will) to drink lots of beer and make green stuff :) Not that I actually drink beer, I leave that to some other creatures in this house... By the way, dyeing beer green with food coloring makes the beer flat and according to my boyfriend also makes it taste funny :/

I've crocheted a leafy scarf for Piggen, and a Leprechaun top hat for Iggy.  Pattern for the hat is here, and the leafy scarf pattern will be posted later :)


The hat turned out to be a bit floppy, so I felted it.


The scarf was originally intended for Bollan, but it looked more like hair than a scarf, so I gave it to Piggen instead :) It can also be used as a really big bracelet :p

I have even made cupcakes for this occasion! Like the rest of my baking, they're not pretty, but they are at least tasty :) And green! Pistachio and yoghurt cupcakes with green sugar frosting. Well, almost green.. Almost half a bottle of food coloring and all I got was this horrible minty green :/


The weird shape is because I crammed too many cakes onto one tray, and then I overfilled the cups because I wanted to use all the batter instead of making a second tray... I never pays off to be lazy :/ Anyway, in the oven the batter of course rose over the cups, and when finished they looked like this:

Yay, am I a baker or what...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails