Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring & other good things :)

Today I saw one of my favorite signs of spring: the bumblebee! Actually I saw two "bumbles" (yep, that's what I call them), different kinds and everything :) I didn't have my camera with me to photograph the little furry beasts, but here is a bumble that was sitting outside our window for hours last summer:


The poor thing was probably tired after nest-building and stuff, so we fed it a few drops of maple syrup. A few minutes later both the syrup and the bumble was gone :)


My mother called me earlier today and told me I've got a job for the summer, working in a  small shop at home. Yay :) And I hadn't even applied for it! I'll start in the beginning of June and will probably be working for a couple of months, so I won't be completely broke when school starts again in August. I am a little nervous, though, I haven't had a job like this before, I really don't like working with people. I hope there won't be too many customers... The good thing is that the store sells some yarn (the cheap kind I use for amigurumi), so I'll probably spend some on my pay on that :p

Finally, I got two new books in the mail today (and I'm waiting for a third) :)


Tasty Crochet by Rose Langlitz and Crochet Bouquet by Suzann Thompson. I can't wait to try out some of the patterns in these books :) The flower book probably looks a lot like 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet, but it's really not. While all the flowers in 100 Flowers are supposed to be realistic, most of the flowers in Crochet Bouquet are elaborate fantasy flowers in lots of different colors and yarns, and embellished with buttons, beads and other cool things :) Tasty Crochet is full of cool amigurumi patterns for different kinds of food, arranged like a cookbook with breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun witht Tasty Crochet! You could write your own food book with all of the treats you've come up with. I got "Beyond the Square 100 Crochet Motifs", can't wait to try it. Yay spring and yay bumbles!
    Jukatca

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails