Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hooks & flowers

I have read a lot about these hooks, everyone has been saying how great they are, good for the hands and everything, so finally I decided to try them. I ordered my Clover Soft Touch crochet hooks from this Swedish site on Monday, and they arrived yesterday. Very fast shipping :)


I bought the four sizes I use the most, and I had to test them right away, so I made these flowers from 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet:



Two daffodils, a narcissus, a sunflower and a camomille flower. My verdict is that the hooks are indeed very good, they are comfortable to hold, though the handle is a little bit short for my taste, and they are not soft at all. I mean, they are supposed to be soft touch, but the handle is made from regular hard plastic, with a little patch of slightly softer rubber. If I press my fingernail in the rubber it leaves a mark, but it's not really soft at all. I expected the whole thing to be made of rubber or something. But all in all, they are really good crochet hooks, I do recommend them :)

2 comments:

  1. Heisann!

    Fant tilfeldigvis bloggen din, så nå har jeg lest litt nedover her. Vi bor visst i samme by. ;o)

    Artige figurer du hekler, og spennende med ale språkene du studerer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the kind of hooks I use. They aren't totally soft but are softer than metal! Jukatca

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails