Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Look what I got :)

Harry Potter & the deathly hallows - in Arabic!



Three years ago I went on a foreign exchange trip to Cairo through the university, and luckily my boyfriend could come with me :) Anyway, since I studied Arabic I bought lots and lots of children's books, including Harry Potter. I bought the first six books, but then we left the country before the last book was published. A while after the seventh book was published a friend of ours went to Cairo, and I asked him very kindly if he could look for the last Harry Potter book in Arabic for me. He didn't find it, but later another friend went to Cairo, and I asked her, too, but she didn't find it either. A while ago the first friend went to Egypt again, to help some egyptologists with some fieldwork (yes, we are very jealous!), and he promised to look for the book for me. I had almost given up hope, because the one time we heard from him he hadn't found it. But then, when he got home again - tada! Surprise for me :) Now I just have to learn the language again, it's been a while...


Another friend of ours came home from Prague about a week ago, and he brought me this:


A Donald Duck magazine in Czech! I don't know the language, but that's not important. I collect Donald Duck in different languages :) So far I have magazines in Estonian, Swedish, English and Arabic. I hope to get one in Dutch from a friend of my boyfriend who lives in Amsterdam :) 

The new Donald Duck even came with this squishy black rubber skeleton:


Isn't he cute? He sticks to anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails