Today has been a really long day at work! Not because of the hours, but because every second I spent cleaning I had the most annoying song ever stuck on my brain :( I get songs stuck very easily, and some of them stay for quite some time. The longest I've ever had the same song was a whole semester, about five or six months... Beethoven's ninth symphony. Not the worst song, but still annoying enough if you listen to it for too long. Today it was a song called "Oah" by Alexander Rybak, the guy who won the Eurovision Song Contest for Norway last year. Thankfully not with that song! I feel like such a traitor for hating his guts (and his songs!), but I can't help it. I just can't stand listening to pop music for too long, or I'll go crazy, I'm more of a rock 'n' roll kind of person :)
Anyway, this song has been playing on TV a lot lately, because the guy has a new album coming out, plus I sometimes hear bits and pieces of it when I'm cleaning people's offices and they have the radio on. I guess the melody is fair enough, but the lyrics make me want to cry! I first heard the song when I was at the dentist, and I almost choked when it came on the radio: "Oah, I love you Moa, you're way too young for me, but I don't mind!"...
Oh, so HE doesn't mind? Well, that makes everything okay! Hmpf! This guy is only 23 or something, which makes me wonder how old the girl is (or was when he wrote the song)... *shiver* If you should want to listen to this atrocity yourself, you can follow this link (haven't listened to it myself, I just can't, but there are others in case this is crap).
At lunch I couldn't take it anymore and complained to my mother. She tried to give me "Aiken Drum" ("Åkken Bom" in Norwegian) instead, which also gets stuck in your head really easily, but even that had to give way after a while, to the horrible OOOH AAAH, I love you MOOOO-AAAAH.... Didn't make cleaning toilets any more fun! *sigh* I even tried humming the Hamster Dance song to myself, but that didn't help much either, now I have all three songs in my head playing on top of each other :/ But the hamsters sure are cute! :D
There, just had to get this out of my system! Sorry for the long and relatively pointless rant (and apologies to any Rybak fans out there), but I hope the song will disappear from my head soon! Hoping for a better day (and song!) tomorrow :)
Oh, so HE doesn't mind? Well, that makes everything okay! Hmpf! This guy is only 23 or something, which makes me wonder how old the girl is (or was when he wrote the song)... *shiver* If you should want to listen to this atrocity yourself, you can follow this link (haven't listened to it myself, I just can't, but there are others in case this is crap).
At lunch I couldn't take it anymore and complained to my mother. She tried to give me "Aiken Drum" ("Åkken Bom" in Norwegian) instead, which also gets stuck in your head really easily, but even that had to give way after a while, to the horrible OOOH AAAH, I love you MOOOO-AAAAH.... Didn't make cleaning toilets any more fun! *sigh* I even tried humming the Hamster Dance song to myself, but that didn't help much either, now I have all three songs in my head playing on top of each other :/ But the hamsters sure are cute! :D
There, just had to get this out of my system! Sorry for the long and relatively pointless rant (and apologies to any Rybak fans out there), but I hope the song will disappear from my head soon! Hoping for a better day (and song!) tomorrow :)
Hi,
ReplyDeletecongrats to you, i seen this -> http://greenpixey.blogspot.com/2010/08/giveaway-winners.html =)
Wish you a better evening (is it time for evening at you?) than your day was. ;o)
Many smiles and nice greets,
Annika